Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

I am a Rugby Ball

I am a Rugby Ball


I am a shiny good looking rugby ball. I live in a store where they sell sport balls. I have been waiting my whole life for someone to buy me and to take care of me. I am hard and throwball. When people stare at me I think they are going to buy me I put a happy big smile on my face and chuck away the sad face. I always hear people saying that I am a good ball but too big for the children so they bought a smaller ball insted of me. The ball shop was empty on the shelf nothing on the floor nothing I was the last ball standing.

One day the owner of the ball shop put a sign on the front of the shop. There were words on the sign that said, “Free ball if you want it come and get it.” A boy looked at the sign and said, “A free ball!” yes yes I want that ball he picked me up and kissed me because it was his first ball in his life. He didn’t get a ball because his parents said. So the little boy took me to his home with a big smile. He carefully put me on the floor in his room and closed the door after him. I said to myself, “Now I know why his parents didn’t buy him a ball. He forgot about me for years and years I was old and ugly I was even flat my mouth was dry full of dust. The boy was nine years old before he first found me then forgot me and now he is twenty seven years old. The boy has moved on and forgotten me he now has a wife and two kids. This was the worst life ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment